Monday, August 29, 2016

Search Diligently, Pray Always, and Be Believing (August 29, 2016)

Hello Hello Hello!! 

It was a good week here in Cedartown. 

Transfer News: My companion is being transferred to another area.  I will be staying here in Cedartown and training a new missionary for my last 12 weeks.  I am very humbled and excited to be working along side a new missionary again.  I learn and grow so much from them.  What a way to finish my mission strong.  

Sicknesses: This week was spent a lot in the apartment because my companion got caught up in the strep throat virus and the stomach flu.  Not a fun combination.  Don't worry I made plenty of homemade chicken noodle soup though.  That always cures a good sickness.

Potentials: We were able to make a bunch of calls to potential and former investigators since we were home bound, and we saw really great starts of miracles in that!  We have some appointments with some of them this week that were once again interested in hearing about the Restored Gospel again.  One of the potentials I called and told her we were the missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and asked her if she would interested in hearing the Restored Gospel again, and she responded "no not right now."  Then Sister Sunwall whispered across the room "ask her for another day."  I looked at her really confused and then asked her "well will you be interested in a couple of days?"  Then she said that she would.  It was pretty funny!  Hey it never hurts to ask I guess haha!

Meat: This week when we were shopping we decided to shop at the Mexican Market and get some Carne asada  which in english is just grilled beef.  Mmm it is so good and one of my most favorite foods they make!  When we went to ask for a pound, my mind just went completely blank and I forgot how to say pound in spanish.  I said "Podriamos tener un libro de carne asada por favor?"  Which in eglish is "could we have one book of meat please?"  oh it was so awkward!  Libra is pound in spanish.  I was one letter off.  Then we realized that one pound was not sufficient for two hungry sister misisonaries, so i talked my companion into asking for one more pound.  We roll played in the corner, i told her what to say and the correct work for pound.  Then she said "podemos tener un libre de carne asada?"  Which in English is "can we have onefree meat?"  Oh we just died laughing.  Then people were probably just laughing inside at these two gringas trying to speak spanish.  Sometimes spanish is a struggle even being out 15 months.  Too funny!  

I am doing really well right now.  I am excited for this new change that is happening.  I have really felt so much comfort from the Holy Spirit this week, and I am so grateful for the Knowledge we have that Families CAN be together forever.  As we sang that song yesterday in church, an overwhelming warm feeling came over me because I know that is true.  I am so blessed to have the amazing family that I have.  I am so blessed to have this gospel in my life.

I want you all to know that the Lord is mindful of you and what each of you are going through right now.  He knows how you feel.  He suffered for each of us so that he would know how to help us.  "and he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. and he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know how to succor his people according to their infirmities." Alma 7:11-12  I am so grateful for my Savior who knows how I feel and how you each feel.  I know He lives.  May we always turn to him in all things and in all places and in all times.  

I hope that each of you have a fantastic week.  Look around you.  See the many tender mercies of the Lord all around us.  Feel His love.  "search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good." D&C 90:24.  I love you all so very much!  
Love,
Hermana Stewart :)

P.S. We went to the Cave Spring this last week!  It was so cool.  So this is us underground!

No comments:

Post a Comment