Monday, August 29, 2016

Sweet is the Peace the Gospel Brings (August 8, 2016)

Hello Everyone!
We had a stellar week!  I'm going to go ahead and tell ya'll some of my most favorite parts about the week.  

TEMPLE: We were privileged with the opportunity to go to the temple this week as a mission.  Wow I love temple.  What a sweet spirit it brings into our lives.  All the s
spanish sisters were there!!  It was quite the treat to see my trainer and past companions!  So here is a picture of all us spanish sisters in the misison! :)  From left to right (Hermana Bento Machias-from Brazil, Hermana Caballero, Hermana Helstin, Hermana Bringhurst, Hermana Gallardo (my trainer!), Hermana Webb, Hermana Sundwall, and me.  I have been companions with all except the tree on the left.  

EXCHANGES: We went to Dallas, GA on exchanges this week.  That was alot of fun, and I learned so much.  One of goals as a companionship was that we wanted to work on was learning to recognize the promptings of the spirit more and to follow them.  Wow the spirit is really cool!!  It is amazing the amount of times the spirit can prompt us to do certain things, go certain places, or say certain things.  I know that the spirit testifies of truth, gives direction, and speaks peace in times of need.  The more we give head to the spirit the more he will want to speak to us.  

SERVICIO: We got to do so much service this week at the Martinez families home!  They are a family that moved into the branch a couple of weeks ago.  There yard looks mighty fine after we got finished with it!  It was fun to work together to pick up the yard and make it nice and safe for the kids to play out side.  We are also teaching one of the boys that isn't baptized.  He accepted baptism, so that will be next Saturday!  The family are all excited about that!  

MY MISSION: Words cannot describe the love I have for this opportunity to serve as a disciple of my Savior Jesus Christ.  Words cannot describe the love I have for the people here.  I just cannot describe it to you, but I feel so much love for them.  I truly love them.  How amazing it is to love someone you barely know, and feel so much love for them from their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  The love that our Father in Heaven and Savior have for us in glorious, it is uncomprehending, but it is so full and perfect.  I cannot tell say this enough, but I love being a missionary.  I am for ever changed because of this choice to come, and I am forever changing because of the Gospel that is in my life.  

Sweet is the peace the gospel brings.  One of the sisters in the branch said this in the closing prayer of Sacrament meeting.  It just hit me so hard how true that is.  Life is hard, trials come, and sometimes we feel like we have no more room on our plates.  I have heard the following statement at least 5 times from people in the past few weeks "when it rains in pours."  It is my prayer for each one of us to take a step back and recognize how sweet is the peace the gospel brings.  Turning to the Gospel during hard times and happy times, good times and sad times is where we will find the most peace.  "and moreover, i would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.  For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." Mosiah 2:41

I love you all.  I am so grateful for my eternal family.  I am grateful for the commandments we have in our lives.  They really aren't commandments, but blessings to us all, leading us back to our Heavenly Father.  I hope you all have an amazing week.  You are always in my prayers.  Keep studying your scriptures.  Keep saying your prayers.  Keep the commandments.  I testify to you all, in the name of Jesus Christ, that this church is true, the Book of Mormon is true, and sweet in the peace the Gospel Brings.  
Love,
Hermana Stewart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment