Monday, August 29, 2016

The Lord is Hastening His Work (August 1, 2016)

Hello Everyone!!!!  
Happy August!!  Wow life is sooo wonderful here!  We honestly had a super amazing week!  There is so much happening here in Cedartown, we just can't even keep up with the Lord.  He is truly hastening His work here!  

Miracles and Highlights!!
75:  We had 75, i repeat 75 people at church on Sunday!!!!!!!!  That is the most Cedartown has ever had!!!  Before the fast we averaged about 25 each week.  Last week 59 and this week 75!!!  Holy Moly.  Everyone was so happy yesterday.  To hear a sound of babies and little kids has never sounded so great!  It is unreal.  There is only one cause of this, the Lord.  He is truly hastening His work here.

Referrals: We received some amazing referrals this week.  One of them we got from the Buchanan Elders (30 minutes away) of a Spanish family with 6 people.  We have permission to teach them, so we are going there tonight!  Another media referral we got today of a 15 year old girl that wanted a Book of Mormon.  We just skiddaddled over there as fast as we could and taught a little of the Restoration to their family, and they came to church this Sunday!!  Miracles!!  
Service: We got the chance to do a lot of service this week.  We went and did some service in Alabama for a member lady.  We painted.  Oh we are so pro!  We only did half of it this week.  This is us in Alabama :) 


​Then we got to help one of the new families that moved into the Branch unpack.  That was fun and hard work!!  I don't think I've ever sweated so much.  Now we are moving into the hottest month in Georgia!  This should be fun! :)

Awesome Lesson: We had one of the members from the Branch that spoke spanish on his mission and his wife come out with us this week.  We got to visit a less active hispanic family from the Branch.  They have 12 people total in their family.  We have never been able to get the whole family together in one room.  We had an amazing lesson, all 12 of them and 4 of us in their little living room.  We sang I am a Child of God and the spirit was so present during that lesson. I know that we are Children of God, and how how much that means to me.  

The work is moving forward and fast here in Cedartown!  This we are going to the temple as a mission.  Oh my goodness, i could jump right out of my socks im so excited!  I have truly gained a greater appreciation for the temple with not being able to go so frequently as I could back home.  The temple truly is a refuge from this crazy world we live in.  

I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this work.  It is the Lord's work.  Every good thing that has happened, is happening, and will happen is because of him.  I just sit in total amazement seeing miracle after miracle happen.  The Lord is truly hastening His work here in Cedartown and all around the world.  From the words of the Prophet Joseph Smith "The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; ppersecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work in done."  I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one and only true church on the earth today.  It is lead and guided by a prophet called of God, Thomas S. Monson.  I know Chirst is the head of this church. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet.  I know the Book of Mormon is true.  I know Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.  I know He is the way and the only way.  I know these things are true because the Holy Ghost has testified to me that they are.  This is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ.

I love you all so very much.  I hope you have an amazing week.  You are always in my prayers.  We are very blessed people.  The Lord loves us.  May God bless you all this next week.  Til next week,
Love,
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment