Monday, August 29, 2016

I Need Thee Every Hour (August 22, 2016)

Hey Ya'll!

We had a fantastic week here in Georgia!!!  We are living it up preaching the gospel in the Georgia heat!! :)  This is the last week until transfers.  Wow this transfer has flown by so fast!  We have seen miracles and miracles!

Some Highlights from the Week:

1. Bikes!  We have been on bikes.  It has actually been fantastic!  I feel like a real hard working missionary when we get on them bikes.  We still have our car too, but we are super low on miles!  Bikes are fun until you get on them and start peddling and start seeing the affects of eating too much georgia fried food haha!  I guess that is when we learn the meaning of the saying "be careful what you wish for."  We are loving them!! :)   Here is a picture after a long fun day of riding!  It is soo beautiful here!


2. Less Active! We have been working with this less active lady since i got to Cedartown and she at first showed no progress or desire.  She hadn't been to church in years and years.  In the past couple of months she has come back to full activity, and she has started the temple prep class to prepare to enter the temple!!  We can't ever forget or give up on those wonderful lost sheep! :)

3. Prayer: We were able to help our spanish investigator find an appartment for their son and help with translating since they don't speak english.  It was really cool because we are always telling them that we are always here to help, but they always say they don't need anything.  We have really been praying for opportunities to serve people, and then this opportunity came.  Nothing was working out, and we were just praying so hard to be able to have them find something!  Then bam, they found one!  It was really cool!  Then we sat down with them and read from 3 Nephi 11 with them that evening.  The spirit was so strong.  There is something so amazing about opening and reading the scriptures with people.  They told us they know that Jesus really did come to the Americas.  They are doing great!  They just need to get off work so they can come to church! :)

4. Church was fantastic yesterday!  The branch is getting stronger and stronger every week!  We had 82 people at church!  Everyone was so happy.  One of the speakers said something that really stood out to me.  He said "It's not the trial that matters but the decisions we make because of that trial."  And how true that is!  Heavenly Father tells us countless times in the scriptures that we have trials to learn and grow and for our own good.  One of our purposes in life is to have earthy experience and then learn how to choose the right.  My favorite part of church was when stood up as a congregation to sing the intermediate hymn "i need thee every hour."  What power that brought.  The spirit was so strong as we sang that beautiful song to the Lord.  "i need thee every hour most gracious lord.  No tender voice like thine can peace afford. i need thee oh i need thee.  every hour i need thee.  oh bless me now my Savior, i come to thee!  I need thee every hour. stay thou near by.  temptations loose their power when thou art nigh.  i need thee oh i need thee.  every hour i need thee.  oh bless me now my Savior, i come to thee!  i need thee every hour in joy or pain.  come quickly and abide or life is vain. i need thee oh i need thee.  every hour i need thee.  oh bless me now my Savior, i come to thee!  i need thee every hour most holy one.  Oh, make me thine indeed, thou Blessed Son. i need thee oh i need thee.  every hour i need thee.  oh bless me now my Savior, i come to thee!"  We truly need our Savior in every moment. 

Fun Fact: We decided to do a count and there are 53 different church in Cedartown, one of which including The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (cedartown branch building).  That is a lot of churches for population 13,000!  "I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I know who i am. I know God's plan.  I'll follow him in faith.  I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ.  I'll honor his name.  I'll do what is right,  I'll follow his light.  His truth i will proclaim!"  

Deer: Here is a fun picture of Sister Sundwall and I with a couple of mounted deer randomly in the middle of no where.  

Well life is fantastic my family!  I will leave you with our daily scriptures we sent out from our phone this morning.  I read this in my personal study and it is soo good!  From the Book of Mormon "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with a surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4 and from the Bible "which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast." Hebrews 6:19 and from our living Prophet "Admisdst the confusion of our age, the conflicts of conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an anchor to our lives." President Thomas S. Monson.  I testify to you all that hope and faith conquer all discouragement and hope and faith brings peace to us all knowing where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going.  I know the church is true.  

I love you all so very much!  Have a fantastic week and remember we truly need our Savior in every moment and to have hope in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  

Love,
Hermana Stewart 

P.S. Choose The Right :D

No comments:

Post a Comment