Monday, December 21, 2015

Las Tres Gringas

Wahooooo its almost Christmas!  I never thought i would see Christmas, but here it is!  I love this time of year!  I love being a missionary!  I love my wonderful family and friends there back home! And i love my Georgia Family here!!! :) This week has been fantastic!  Me and Hermana Brinhurst enjoyed our 2 days of being in not a trio, but actually it was rather awkward.  When she was in the shower or in the bathroom and i was all alone i felt so weird because there wasn't anyone there with me.  ahh it felt weird and like something was missing haha. We got a new companion her name is Hermana Webb and she has been out for 9 ish months i think.  She is white.  She awesome and we are glad to have her with us in the Chamblee area!

Ok so this email is probably going to be a little bit shorter, but i just want to share the coolest miracle that we saw this week.  So we were teaching our investigator that is on date for the 26th (which by the way he is now on date for 2 of January because no one from the branch presidency can be there to preside, but that's ok because he is still progressing great!) so we were teaching him word of wisdom and he told us that 2 years ago he already quite everything, and now he knows why he went through that so he is even more prepared to enter into the gates of this wonderful gospel.  Anyway so towards the end of the lesson we asked him to pray and he is such a shy guy and he is always so nervous to pray in front of people so the mom of the member family that we were teaching with said the prayer, then afterwards Hermana Bringhurst promised with such great boldness and said, "hermano someday in gospel principles class the teacher is going to ask for volunteers and i promise that you are going to raise your hand and say the prayer in front of the whole class."

Anyway so then yesterday during gospel principles class and it was the Elders turn to teach so Elders Cruz asked if there were any volunteers but no one raised their hand so then he just called on one of the members and then all of the sudden our investigator stood up, and said "voy a ententar" "im going to try" he is the shyest guy ever!!  HE SAID THE PRAYER!!! in front of the whole entire class!!!!  what a cool experience!!  It is cool to see that my companion was so in tune and was able to promise that blessing and we got to see it fulfilled the very next day!  The spirit is cool!!  

So this week was amazing and i cant wait for this week and for Christmas!  I'm so excited to skype yall and see your cute faces and hear your cute voices!!  We have like 3 meal appointments already for Christmas, so we are going to be stuffed stuffed stuffed!!!    I love this time of year.  I love being able to spread a little Christmas cheer to the folks here in Georgia.  The other day we were sitting in the Walmart parking lot eating a 5 dollar lil ceasers pizza really fast before our next appointment and a lady knocks on our door and in the thickest southern accent says "hi yall, my aunt has to give me a jump do yall think yall could move parking spots." so we hurried and drove to a different spot and hurry and get out of the car (it was about 30 degrees and like almost 7 at night but we knew we had to help these sweet Georgia ladies) We popped both hoods and i hooked the jumper cables up to the battery, and got it jumped for them.  They just gave us the biggest hugs and thanked us.  There is nothing that makes me more happy than helping others.  I'm so grateful that i have learned to serve on my mission and i have learned to love it!  It is so much fun!  we find ourselves looking for opportunities to serve because it fills us with so much happiness.  

Now i just want to talk for just a second on how much i love my Georgia family!  I really do.  I the people here, i love our branch i love our investigators i love the random people we meet in Walmart parking lots, i love them all.  They make being away from my eternal family easier.  I love it here.  I love being a missionary.  I love Jesus Christ.  And i know that God and Jesus Christ love me and love each and every one of us.  I love Christmas time. 

We are so blessed to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.  "Away in a manger, no crib for his bed, The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head; The stars in the heavens looked down where he lay,The little Lord Jesus, asleep on the hay.  Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay Close by me forever, and love me, I pray. Bless all the dear children in thy tender care, And fit us for heaven, to live with thee there.  The cattle are lowing, the poor baby wakes; But little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes. I love thee, Lord Jesus; look down from the sky And stay by my cradle till morning is nigh."  I love my Savior.  I love you all so much!  i Cant wait to talk to yall in just 4 days on skpe!!  What a blessing that is to us all!  Stay close to Jesus and he will always stay close to us.  till Friday!!  
all my love and prayers always,
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment