Monday, December 28, 2015

Come Unto Christ

Dear Everyone!!

I hope you all had as wonderful Christmas as i had!  So perfect!  Wow skyping with you all was so so great!!  I just love all your faces so much!  Good laughs, and I'm sure your all glad to see that I'm still my same goofy self that doesn't know how to function, the mission has just amplified that haha!

So this week was just so wonderful!  We did a lot of caroling as a District, and that was seriously so much fun!!  The first day we went to houses in a neighbor hood and not very many people answered but the people that did loved the caroling and it was really fun!  it was kind of funny at this one house before we ding donged we decided (well so i thought) to sing "Joy to the World" but somehow i didn't get the memo that we were actually singing "Silent night."  So anyway the people opened the door and we started singing, so everyone except me started singing "silent night" and then dorky Hermana Stewart at like the top of my lungs was like "JOY TO THE WORLD!".....  haha ya pretty embarrassing but a great laugh!  

We had a pretty cool miracle happen to us while we were at the gas station we had to go into to get our gas receipt because it didn't print out and then i went to use the bathroom.  and when i walked out my comps were just smiling at me so big and telling me to hurry and come over there.  I thought they saw like a movie star or something.  but then they told me that this family came up to them and was like "hermanas wheres your church?" and they wanted to know where our church was so we hurry and ran out to our car and gave them a card with the direction and our phone number, and then they said they were gonna come and then drove off.  That does not happen everyday!  it was pretty cool that someone just came up to us and asked us for our address to our church!  Hopefully we will see that family at church one day! :)

So Christmas Eve was so wonderful!  We were able to meet up as a district again and go caroling from like 7-9 in some apartments right next to where we lived.  They were mixed apartments since half my district is Spanish and half English missionaries so we just knocked on doors and if they were English we sang in English and Spanish we would sing in Spanish!  That was really fun!  we were able to hand out a lot of pass along cards and met some really great people!  there was also quite a bit of our less actives and investigators and the English missionaries had some investigators in those apartments to so we went and sang to all of them!  The whole time we were caroling it was just pouring rain and we were all just drenched, yet i just felt so so happy to be a missionary in that moment!  I loved being able to go caroling!

And then for Christmas we were able to go to three of the member families in our branch and it was so great to be with them all!  They are all like my family too and it was so wonderful that they allowed us to spend Christmas with them!  We ate so much food but it was so delish!!  

Well I just want you all to know how much i love this Gospel.  I love my Savior and I'm thankful for his Atoning Sacrifice everyday!  What a wonderful example he is to each of us!  "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot." Moroni 10:32-33  I love this invitation for all of us to come unto Christ.  It is only through him that we can make it back to our Heavenly Father.  We have a purpose.  We have a hope.  We have our Savior Jesus Christ.  

I love you all so much!  I hope you had and have an amazing week!!  Happy New Year!!!  Talk to yall next year!
Love,
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment