Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Chicken Feet vs. Chicken Gizzards....which would you rather??



me and my awesome comps
​bottom of my awesome camo cake 
(October 26th 2015)
Hi Everyone!!! 
High Five from Georgia!  Did you get it?  What a beautiful week we had here in Georgia!  Life is just wonderful!
Lots of cool things happened this week.  So i will start with "the birthday miracle".  So i really wanted to get a big ol miracle on my birthday this week and i did!!  So we went to this members house for dinner and we wernt expecting to do service.  We didnt bring any of our service clothes, but that didnt stop three cool Hermanas from Mowing, raking, and leaf blowing the yard in skirts.  HAah so much fun!  Then her neighbor came over, his name is Mario and she invited him to eat dinner with us.  So after we finished we went in and ate dinner.  Then we did a little lesson with him.  So we invited him to read the Introduction to the Book of Mormon when he got home that night.  He agreed...they always agree...haha.  So then we went home that night and we finished planned so then we started eating my birthday cake Hermana Bringhurst made me, (yes it was camoflauge with four different colors brown, tan, bright green, and dark green, shes cool.) and we get this call, from who do you know, MARIO!  we huried and answered and he was like "hey hermanitas you wanted me to read the introduction right?" and we were like "Yes" we couldnt even believe it.  Then he asked if we were busy and said he didnt want to bother us but he asked if we would read it with him over the phone, and we were like are you kidding we are missionaries this is what we do, this is what we live for, the cake can wait!  So we read it and then we taught him how to pray!  and then he prayed!!!  it was like such a cool miracle!  He called us!  he actaully wanted to read what we invited him to do!  he prayed!  Mario is "the birthday miracle."  

We made little goody bags (other wise known as "buendies bolsas" haha)  for every member and less active member.  And we made it a goal of ours to visit ever person on the ward roster because there are so many people we dont even know because they probably havent been to church in such a long time.  We really need to get this Branch Reactivated!!  so we did alot of visiting less actives this week and we are going to do that this week too because this Branch has so much potential and Elder Zuick (of the seventy) has really been stressing working with members!  The members in this branch are really amazing and we definitely need there help in this work too!  Its really fun to visit all these people that ive never even met and be able to establish a realationship with them!  Its wonderful!  I really do have a testimony of the power of members in this work.  If it werent for our wonderful members there is no way that Sally, Jessy, Ana, Edwin, and Arari would have been baptized!  Members are amazing!

the familia Mata took us out for my Bday at Pollo del Rey and Then Alejandro took us to Ihop for my bday.  Aweosome members!!
One of my most favorite things to do with my companions is when we are driving or walking is play "would you rather".  haha pretty fun!  We have some good ones too.  So i asked this one the other day, "would you rather eat a bucket of chicken feet or a bucket of chicken gizzards?"  i dont personally fansy either of those, both are quit hard to choke down.  But i would pick a bucket of Chicken Feet any day!  All you have to do is slurp off the fat and the bone is left and it doesnt taste like anything, just has a really weird texture.  And for the chicken gizzards, oh boy those i have to have tortillas and chile to get those things down.  Imagine eating a bouncy ball.  Yep thats what its like to eat a chicken gizzard, but tastes like, well chile haha just i just drown it it to put the taste away.  So would you rather eat a bucket of chicken feet or a bucket of chicken gizzards?  take your pick.
So here is a funny story for yall.  A funny story for yall and a learning experience for me.  So we went to visit one of our members this week.  He is a high counselman for the stake and he is really cool.  So we went and i thought it would be funny to scare him, because hes kind of a jokester and so i thought i would get him.  So i stood beside his door where he couldnt see me and i rang the door bell.  I was standing behind a little like 1 foot high garden fence thing, but didnt really think anything of it.  So then he opened the door and i went to scare him, tripped on that little fence thing and just pankaked it on the ground.  Oh my gosh!  so embarrasing!  He just stood there looking down on me and probably just thinking how stupid i was and the Spanish elders were sitting on the couch in his house and just trying not to laugh.  It hurt so bad!  So what did i get out of this experience, a bloody cut up elbow, a knee that turned into like the size of 3 knees (it was my left knee and yall know me and my left knee, its always the left knee.  I dont think that knee will ever look normal haha), and a great learning experience.  Think Hermana Stewart!  Sometimes i just dont make the wisest of choices, but you learn and move on right.  Dont worry dad, i didnt cry, just rubbed a lil dirt in it ;) 

Service in skirts
We had zone conference this week with Elder Zuick.  And let me tell you, we got talked to in plain words.  It was great!  I learned so much, and by the end of the night (because it went from 9 am-9:30 at night cus there was a devotional) i was spriritual exhausted!  I dont think i could have handeled any more revelation or i would have exploaded.  It was amazing and we are so lucky to have such wise leaders in this chuch that can lead and guide us.  

One of my goals here is not only knowing the Atonement being able to teach about it, but knowing and having written it it my heart and not just my head. I have learned alot since being on the Lord's mission for me, and im still learning alot.  If there is one are in which my testimony has grown the most, i would have to say The Atonement.  As i come to better know my Savior each and every day, the Atonenment is something i have come to appritiate, love, and excersise every single day.  I have seen the change in my life as i excersice and use the Atonement ever day and as I make Christ the center of my life.  My life is filled with more purpose, meaning, and happiness.  I know that it is only through The Savior Jesus Christ that we can be perfected and make it back to our heavenly Father.  Wow how blessed are we to have such a loving savior in our lives that through him we can become better and better ever day.  "And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spriritually befotten you; for ye say that your hears are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him, and have become his sons and daughters.  therefore, i would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of hi8m who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen" mosiah 5:8,15.  I know that as we with the Savior we can acomplish whatever thing.  It can litterally be the smaillest thing.  I know that the Atonement is true.  I can say that and mean it.  I love my Savior and im thankful for his Grand Sacrifice. I know that if we remember why we are here, where we are going, and what we need to do TODAY to get there, we can become the best!  I love you all so much!  I hope you have an amazing week. 
All my love and prayers
Hermana Abby Jean Stewart
xoxoxoxo

Fancy Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment