Thursday, November 17, 2016

18 Months Already

Dear Family and Friends,

Yesterday I hit my 18 month mark.  Wow that is wild.  What a trip it has been and continues to be.  I honestly never thought I could ever accomplish that, at least not by myself I couldn't.  At the beginning of my mission, I can look back on so many instances where I just wanted to give up, throw in the towel, quit, go home.  But I didn't.  And thank goodness for that.  As the days went on I began to realize the more I relied on my Savior the stronger I became.  I began to experience the absolute pure joy of missionary work.  Each day I recognized my weaknesses and my constant need to rely on my Savior.  As i began to rely on Him, a relationship started to form.  Not only was Jesus Christ my Savior, but he became my friend, my true friend.  Someone I could always go to, who had a perfect love and understanding for me, and who helped me get back up when I fell.  I learned that the trials I go through are what shape me into who I am becoming, a daughter of God.  They give me opportunity to respond using the Gospel, to learn and to grow.  I have met numerous amounts of people who have impacted my life in one way or another, some barely having known them, but feeling an overwhelming love for them from a most perfect caring Heavenly Father.  I have met people, and seeing them for the first time having their face be familiar to me because I know they were my brothers and sisters in the Pre Mortal Life where we all sat and listened to our Heavenly Father present His Perfect Plan of Happiness for us, His children.  I have felt love, encouragement, comfort, and the spirit confirm to me over and over that what I am testifying of and studying is true.  It is really true.  I have seen lives changed, lives transformed, lives improved because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have seen prayers answered, hearts healed, and miracles wrought to pass.  There is only one cause to all of this, and His name is Jesus Christ.  I am here today, I am who I am, I have felt what I have felt, and I have seen what I have seen because of a most caring, selfless, gentle, loving man named Jesus Christ.  There is absolutely no way I could be writing all of this and be here today if it weren't for Jesus Christ.  I mean this from the bottom of my heart, I am so grateful I was Called to Serve, and I am so grateful Jesus Christ made it all possible and strengthened me along the way.  The glory all goes to the Lord for being my biggest strength.  "[we] can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth [us]." Philippians 4:13

Last Zone Training: We went to the temple on Tuesday with Atlanta and Powdersprings Zones.  It was a beautiful experience.  I was able to do the work for our recent convert Brother Odell Wofford's mama, Sister De La Rosa Frias did his grandma's work, and my other companion Sister Sundwall did the work for his sister.  While sitting in the temple Sister Sundwall and I realized something quite incredible.  We were able to witness yet another amazing miracle of the Lord preforming His work.  A while back we were teaching a women we found on the way to church Autumn.  She wanted to be baptized, but wasn't able to due to complicated circumstances at home.  Her husband once told us that his mama was studying with us crazy Mormons, read the Book of Mormon, and wanted to be baptized.  She never was able to be baptized though because her family didn't support her, and she is now passed on.  One of the investigators we are currently teaching right now is a sister to this man, so making her a daughter of this women who wanted to be baptized.  The connection we realized while sitting in the temple is that this women was Brother Odell's Sister, one of the names we did the work for this Tuesday.  The Lord works in mysteries ways, and after years this women has finally had the opportunity accept and be part of this Beautiful Gospel.  How great is that?


Where do you go to find peace?:  The other day we were on the phone with our investigator Lisa.  She was talking to us and giving us this long spiritual analogy.  She then asked "where do you go to find peace?"  and i honestly thought she said "where do you go to find Pizza?"  So i excitedly answered "Pizza Hut of course!"  Leave it to Sister Stewart to be the pro and ruining a spiritual moment!!  Haha we all just laughed.  It was too funny!!  

We had a great week!  We visited and met a lot of cool new people.  Cedartown is a happening place to be right now.  We have some investigators scheduled to be baptized in December, and we have Lisa scheduled to be baptized this Saturday
We are hoping and praying that all goes well this week and Lisa will be able to be baptized!  She is excited and wants to be baptized so bad!  We have a busy week already planned this week!  I am looking forward to seeing more miracles and doing the Lord's work another week here in Georgia.  

I am so grateful for the love that Christ has for us.  I have been studying a lot lately on His love for us and how we are commanded to have love and charity for those around us.  In Romans 8 it says "who shall separate us from the love of Christ, shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Isn't that just beautiful.  There is absolutely nothing that will stop us from feeling and will separate us from the love of our Heavenly Father.  

I know the Lord loves us, each of us.  I hope y'all have a blessed week.  I love y'all so very much.  Talk to you soon!
Love,
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment