Monday, October 24, 2016

"We Heeded Them Not" (10/17/2016)

Hello Everyone!!!! 

Cedartown is looking so pretty now days!!!  The leaves are starting to change.  It is now becoming sweater season which is my favorite season!  How blessed we are to be living in a beautiful world created by our loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  They love us so much.  To feel of their love is the best feeling anyone could ever feel.  We can feel it everyday!  How blessed we are to have our Heavenly Father, and He is just one prayer away.  I know He loves me and that He loves all of us.  I know because I have prayed to Him and asked Him.  How sweet that feeling is :) "yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore it is the most desirable above all things...yea, and the most joyest to the soul." 2 nephi 11:22-23

Stake Conference: We had stake conference this week, and that was definitely the highlight of the whole week for me.  It is weird having to drive an hour and a half to get to the stake center haha.  We were able to go to both the adult session Saturday evening and Sunday morning!  We had one of the 70 come for it, Elder Thompson.  He was great!!  I love love love Sunday!!!!!!!  It is hands down my most favorite day of the week.  Our investigator Lisa came, and she loved it!!  We had the Georgia Atlanta Temple President and his wife and our mission president, President and Sister Foote talked.  It was so powerful.  My testimony just keeps growing and growing everyday here.  I was just all warm and fuzzy the whole time! :)

Back to weird foods: I thought I had escaped from the weird foods coming to Cedartown, but nope haha!  We are working alot with the Hispanics right now and that means we get alot of spanish food, which i do not mind at all :) They are mostly from Mexico or Guatemala here, which in my other area we had alot of diversity.  We went to eat at one of the spanish families from the branch.  We were eating Ceviche, which is a seafood dish really popular in Mexico and Peru and other parts of Latin America.  Yall know me, Im not too big of a sea food fan, but ceviche is one of my most favorite.  It is raw fish cured in lime juice, and then you put it on tostatas (meaning toasted so its like a toasted tortilla).  Super good!  Well this was no ordinary ceviche....they told me it was huevos de toro.  I was super confused cus the direct translation for that is bull eggs.  Then bam it just hit me what i was eating.  All of the sudden I was not feeling so good.  I think the English term for what i was consuming is known as "rocky mountain oasters."  I don't know about yall, but not my favorite haha.  I would way rather take the intestine tacos we ate on Friday.  That is where its at! :)


Oh my goodness we having a blast here and working our hardest!  We took a member with us the other day out tracking, and afterwards we got back in the car and she said "OH MY GOODNESS!  our shoes be sooo dirty!! " and she just laughed.  We took her down some fun dirt roads, and we told her she a true missionary!  She had hoot, and she loves coming out with us like everyday!  She told our investigator Lisa "when you join the church and go out with the Sisters, you best be wearin some stirdy shoes cus you be walkin with dem girl and they be gettin dust all up on dem."  

Well Y'all I best be getting on with my day.  We are going to the store and getting pumpkins!!  I will send you pictures when we carve them!  Life is good, and life is beautiful.  I have been studying a lot lately Lehi's vision of the tree of life.  There are always going to be things out there or people who try and ruin our happiness, but you know what we don't have to let them.  Eternal Life is our goal, keeping the commandments and continually holding fast to the rod is how we make it, and in the end we will be blessed with the greatest gift God has to offer us.  It is worth it my family.  It is so so worth it.  Keep being strong, and continue to hold fast to the rod of iron.  Keep doing what is right, and don't let anything or anyone ruin your joy and happiness.  "and great was the multitude that did enter into that strange building.  and after they did enter into that building they did point the finger of scorn at me and those that were partaking of the fruit also; but we heeded them not."  I love you all.  Have a blessed week!
Love,
Hermana Stewart

P.S. Thank you for all the Birthday wishes!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment