Monday, September 26, 2016

All That He Has Given Us

Dear Y'all,

Well this week was Amazing!!!!  We put some serious miles on Jimmy (our car).  
 
Tuesday: We went to Dallas Georgia on companion exchanges.  I went with Sister Nau, one of the sisters that came out with me.  It was great, and I learned a lot.  My most favorite part was when we cleaned out a fridge of this old lady.  It made me really appreciative of the weekly cleaning schedule we follow as missionaries!  Doing service for other people, when we just forget ourselves even though it may smell gross and make our hands sticky, brought a big smile to the lady's face after we were finished.  It made us feel good, and we had a hoot cleaning it!  We went to the church to ask the bishop a question and it was during mutual time.  I couldn't even believe how many youth were there....serving in a branch for 16 months I forgot what it is like to be in a ward.  It was pretty shocking to me!  

Thursday: After weekly planning we did family history with Brother O'Dell.  We were able to find and print off many of his family names to be able to take to the temple Saturday!  He was so excited.  We went and had an awesome lesson with Sharon our golden media referral.  My companion invited her to be baptized when she comes to know these things are true.  She responded, "well I already know they are true!"  We were so happy!  She is on date for October 22nd!  

Friday: We went to Peach Tree City (about 3 hours away) for new missionary meeting and trainers meeting.  It was fantastic!!  I learned so much from that meeting.  One thing I really took away was looking for the good in those around us.  How important that is to do.  When we focus on the bad, all we will see is the bad.  When we focus on the good, our hearts will be more full of love.  

Saturday: We went to Atlanta to the temple with O'dell!!!  It was incredible!  It is such a special experience to be in the temple with a recent convert.  He was baptized for his father and grandfather.  He was crying as he stood in the font.  It was special.  I was baptized for his mother and sister.  Sister Sundwall was baptized for his grandmother.  Really cool experience we all had that day.  

Women's Conference was amazing!!  We had 13 sisters come to the church for it, and I just loved it!!  I am so looking forward to General Conference.

Sunday: We had a really cool miracle yesterday.  We went out to Alabama to visit a less active family.  They have been less active for about 6 years now.  We have had not much success working with them.  They are super hard to meet with, but yesterday we were able to catch them at home and have an incredible lesson with them.  They committed to coming to church which was awesome!!!!  The whole branch has been praying and fasting for this family.  It was a miracle.  

Lately I have been noticing a lot of times in the scriptures where it talks about the people giving thanks to God.  I have started realizing in my own life the things i have to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for my family, the gospel, my mission, the people here in Georgia, all the amazing experiences I am having.  I love it here.  I love the people.  I love my family.  I love the gospel.  I love the Lord.  When we take a moment to reflect on all that He has given us, our hearts cant help but to swell.  "Behold, now it came to pass that the people of Nephi were exceedingly rejoiced, because the Lord had again delivered them out of the hands of their enemies; therefore they gave thanks unto the Lord their God; yea and they did fast much and pray much, and they did worship God with exceedingly great joy." Alma 45:1

Life is wonderful!  How blessed we are to have the opportunity to be united as one as Saints to gather and watch conference this weekend.  I hope you all have a great experience.  Always remember the the Lord loves us and all that He gives us.  I love you all.  Have a blessed week.
Love,
Hermana Stewart

P.S. There be a lot of cotton fields here.

No comments:

Post a Comment