Monday, July 25, 2016

I Stand All Amazed

Hello Everyone!!
What a great week we had!  It just keeps getting hotter and hotter here.  Oh boy I just love Georgia so much!  It is so beautiful and green!  Alrighty lets get down to business now.  
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!
Zone Conference: We had zone conference this week, and it was FANTASTIC!  Wow it is just one of my most favorite things being around all my wonderful fellow servants of the Lord.  The spirit that was there was incredible!  We learned all about being committed and being obedient and what truly can motivate us to be obedient, LOVE.  "if ye love me keep my commandments."  I know that I want to and i will live in the Celestial Kingdom after this life with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and my family.  We have to be obedient and work really hard for that. 

Family History: I'm going to be completely honest with y'all, family history has never super appealed to my liking.   BUT luckily my companion has called me to repentance since being with her these past two transfers.  We are allowed to do family history and indexing every week, and faithfully she has made us go nearly every week.  And since family history is a commandment I finally decided that I just need to do it if i want to go to the celestial kingdom especially with ALL my family...and do it not grudgingly i might add for we will be judged according to our works and our desires haha.  I am actually quite enjoying it, and this week I found 9 temple ordinances that need to be done from our family!  Wahoo!!  It almost makes me as happy to find an ordinance done as when i get to eat pickles :) Okay just kidding.  It's even better than pickles! :) The Lord truly can change and soften our heart if we let him, so i invite yall to do your family history work.  If you don't like doing it, than do it anyways.  And if you think its all done, well think again because that is what i thought too! :)

New Stake: On Sunday we had a HUGE sacrament meeting with two stakes.  They made a band new ward in our stake!  Then the Cedartown Branch got put into a different stake.  Pretty exciting things happening.  I know that we just all need to move with the Lord.  He has big plans in store for these two stakes and little ol Cedartown to eventually become a ward.  The work moves forward.  

Chiggers: My companion and I got a case of the chiggers this week haha.  If you don't know what those are, just count yourself lucky!  They are lil bugs that hide in grass waiting to attack and lack onto your and run all over you and burrow themselves in your skin and stay there and suck your blood and make you itch.  Georgia has soo many bugs!  There is always good things that come from trial though, so the good thing is that it makes me like a million times more appreciative for Idaho where there are no or not as many chiggers, cockroaches, masquiters, and lice!  :)

Member Misisonaries: This morning in personal study i was studying in Preach My Gospel under the seccion of working with members and specifically recent converts.  I read and highlighted a part that said "missionaries should ask for refferals from recent converts and less active members."  I was thinking about one of the recent converts Betty in the Branch, and i made a goal in my head that i wanted to ask her for a refferal this week.  Then not even kidding, about 2 minutes later we get a call from who? Betty.  She said "hey sisters i got a surprise for you.  I invited one of my friends to church and she is coming with me, and then yall can teach her."  Oh my goodness that just made my whole morning.  She is the coolest missionary!  She is like 8 steps ahead of us!  Go member missionaries! :)

Wrapping it Up: I want y'all to know that i have such a deep love for my Savior.  Each and everyday I am more and more amazed at the love he has for us, the power of His Atonement, and for what He truly is.  Jesus is the Christ.  He is the Savior of the world.  He is the Son of God.  He is our Redeemer, our Perfect Example, our older brother.  He has a perfect love for us.  Last night before going to bed, after rejection and heartache of people not wanting to listen to us that day, I opened my scriptures and read "and the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it.  Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." 1 nephi 19:9  How could i read that and not feel loved?  How could i read that and not feel like my Savior knows what i'm going through?  I know my Savior loves me.  I know He love you too.  I know that my Savior know how I feel.  I know that he knows how you feel.  I know that because of His Atoning Sacrifice, He can help heal us.  Yesterday we shared this scripture with a member family in the Branch "and he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. and he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." Alma 7:11-12 I know that Christ suffered for every single on of us, every single of of our pains, afflictions, sicknesses, temptations, everything.  Today in personal study i read "behold, i have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." 1 nephi 21:16 
"I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.  i tremble to know that for me he was crucified, that for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.  Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"

I love you all so very much.  I love being a missionary.  I love my Heavenly Father, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  I truly stand all amazed.

Love,
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment