Thursday, June 30, 2016

What Heaven Sees in You


Hello!
Wow what another great week here in Cedartown!  I absolutely love it here!  Things are going quite peachy :)
Highlights from the Week:

1. A family from the Branch took us to World of Coca-Cola in downtown Atlanta last P-Day!  So much fun we had!  It was such a blast with them!


2. This week we were able to have a recently graduated 18 year old girl in our Branch come and live with us for 48 hours.  We did like a "mini mission."  It was such a great experience!!  And the cool thing is that because of this experience, it answered her prayers and she sent in her mission papers!  It was fun to be back in a trio for a few day.  Gotta love the trio ;)

3. We had the opportunity to do a fast with Odell to be able to quit smoking and drinking.  It was really neat.  He just handed it over to the Lord and since then he hasnt smoked or drunk!  The Miracles of Fasting.

4. We have been doing a 40 day fast as a Branch and we have seen sooo many miracles come from this!  The Branch is getting stronger and stronger!  We are hoping to start having a separate Spanish sacrament meeting soon! wahoo!

​The other day during weeking planning my companion and I decided to do a little activity.  We were feeling like all we were seeing was our weaknesses.  We got two sheets of paper each.  On the first sheet we each just wrote down all of our weaknesses like things we want to improve on.  Then on the other paper we wrote each others strengths.  After we did this, i had the paper of my weaknesses on top of all my strengths and i was just looking at them all.  I just sat there thinking for a second.  We have our table right in front of a big window that lets in a lot of light, and i remembered when i was younger i would put a blank paper on top of a drawing and hold it up to the light (mom would always help tape it up for me so i my arms wouldn't get tired of holding it...mom always making my life easier :) )  I said to my companion, "sometimes Satin just wants us to only see our weaknesses and covers up our strengths, but if we allow him, God will help us see our strengths."  Then i put the two papers up against the window, and all we could see as our strengths.  It was a really special moment for me and for her too probably.  We taped them up on the window to remind us what heaven sees in us.  I have been thinking about this experience alot this past week.  And frequently I turned to Ether 12:27 the verse we all know "and if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."  My MTC teacher once said to me "its like this, when we look in a mirror in the light, the closer and closer we get to the mirror and the light, the more blemishes that we see."  I think it is quite amazing that if we just come unto him he will show us our faults, but then he says that if we just humble ourselves and have faith in him, then his grace is sufficient and he will make our weakness into strengths.  How cool is that?!  

We all have weakness, but something important that I learned is we can change.  We CAN become more charitable.  We CAN grow in faith.  We CAN become more patient.  I learned a very valuable lesson this week in 1. Our weakness can become strengths if we allow the Lord to change us, if we come unto him, humble ourselves and have faith. and  2. To see what heaven sees in you.  Sometimes we allow Satin to discourage us, but if we hold our papers up the the Light we will see what Heaven sees in us!

I love this Gospel!  I love this Church!  I love being a member of it!  I love being a missionary!  I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  He is my Master.  He is my friend.  I know he lives.  I know that when we come unto him he makes us better people.  We are children of God.  He loves us.  I know that faith brings miracles.  I know that I am about the Lord's errand.  I know the Heavenly Father listens to my prayers, and I know that if he listens to a little imperfect sister missionary's prayers then he listens to all of our prayers.  I know the Book of Mormon is true.  Heaven is cheering us on.  I can feel it in times of discouragement and despair.  I know that we all have weakness, but I also know that we all have strengths.  I know that holy spirit is real.  I know it is.  It testifies of truths.  It provides protection.  It gives comfort and helps show what heaven sees in us.  

I love you all.  Have blessed week!  May we come unto Christ this week.  May we humble ourselves.  May we have faith in Him.  And may we always remember what heaven see in us.
Love,
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment