Thursday, June 30, 2016

Let Your Light So Shine

Hello Everyone!!

I hope y'all had a good Father's Day!!  Dad happy daddy's day!!!  I sure do love ya!  Wow we are so blessed to have such a great fathers right! :) How blessed are we!  Happy Father's day to all the fathers out there.  
Well we had a great week here in Cedartown Georgia!!  The sun is shining, and the blessing and miracles are flowing in everywhere!  How great it is to be a missionary! :)
Here are some of the many highlights of this week!

1: We went fishing on Pday at a members house!  Haha that was so much fun!  I caught me 2 bass, and Mayu caught 2 bass and 1 catfish!  That was a hoot of a a Pday! :)

2: We had of the 70s come to our mission and tour this week.  His name was Elder Cordon.  That was great!  We got to go up to Powder Springs for a conference.  It was all about the spirit​.  Wow it was super great!  Something i learned was that optimism is a gift of the spirit.  I think that is so true.  Being happy about life is one of the greatest ways I feel the spirit.  President Monson once said "you don't find the happy life, you make it."  I know that is true.  When i was first on a mission, I was definitely having a hard time being happy.  The language was hard, the work load was hard, but I then slowly learned that i couldn't just wait or look for happiness or when things were gonna be easier.  I had to make it!  There is always going to be hard things in life, but that is no reason to not be happy!  Being happy is one of the BEST feeling I think! :)

3:Odell came to church on Sunday again!  He was all dressed up in a snazy golden suit!  He is practically already a member!  I have never seen someone just jump right into the branch and become part of it before more than we have seen with Odell.  Here is a picture of us and Odell, and the Elders happened to be right there in the hall haha so they are there too.

4: Berta and her family are doing good.  Berta makes sure we never go hungry every time we go over there, so im still getting my Spanish food fix.  We go over there nearly everyday to read from the Book of Mormon in Spanish and English cus she wants to learn English, and that has brought a big change in her.  There is something so special about reading the Book of Mormon especially when investigators read from it.  It has strengthened my testimony of The Book of Mormon.  I know that it is true, and I know that there is great power in it.

We had a fantastic week!  I really am so happy here!  The work is just moving along, and we are just trying to keep up with The Lord.  I love being a missionary! :)  I wanted to talk a second about fire flies.  There sure are a million guzillion out here!  I love it!  Hermana Sundwall and I have been talking about them and observing them as we see them out in the fields.  They light up!  How cool is that!?  But they only stay lit up for just a second, and then they disappear

.  How sad is that?!  One of our favorite things to do is relate things to the gospel...even  fire flies.  The other day I was reading in 3 Nephi 12:14-16, and we discussed how we shouldn't be like fire flies.  "verily, verily, i say unto you, i give unto you to be the light of this people.  a city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.  behold, do men light a candle an put it under a bushel? nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."  The Lord has given us light.  We have 2 choices.  We can either take this wise counsel and command and let it so shine, or we can hide it or do as fire flies and light it, then hide it, then light it, then hide it.  How beautiful is this light that Christ has given us.  Now let our light so shine!  That is the only intelligent thing to do.  That will bring us happiness, it will bring others happiness, and it will bring happiness to our Father in Heaven.  

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  I love you all so much!  Let us always remember to not be like fire flies, but let your light so shine!  
Love,
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment