Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Hello!!!!

Well as you all know from my title this week, after hitting 10 months in my wonderful Chamblee Branch, they are shipping me away to a new area with a new companion.  That was quite a curve ball pitched to us.  I honestly never thought I would ever leave!  The Zone Leaders called us Saturday night and said, "I know you are going to hate us for the rest of your misison, but Sister Bringhurst you are staying and Sister Stewart you are leaving."  Then we got a nice call from our Mission President this morning saying "How are you sisters doing, i hope you dont hate me."  haha so great, we just love being in Chamblee so much and being companions, but newer and better things are awaiting each of us, no matter how hard it may be, the Lord knows what is best for each of us.  We just have to always keep that in mind.  I am really going to miss the Chamblee Branch, they are like my second family!!!!   and my amazing companion i will miss her, she is truly my best friend and sister.  We just keep moving forward with faith, and everything will work out wonderfully.  

I am going to an area called Ceder Town.  I will be serving in both Georgia and Alabama, pretty neat right!  My companion got switched to spanish speaking when she came out on a mission 3 months ago, so that will be wonderful!  That is about all the details i know, but of course next week i will fill y'all in. New adventures!

We had a really wonderful week!  I wanted to tell you the COOLEST miracle ever!!!!!!!!!  My first sunday here in Chamblee a family got offended and stopped coming to the Chamblee Branch and just went to the English Ward.  We have worked faithfully with this family ever week, except for the past month we hadnt been over to visit them.  One of my goals before i left Chamblee was to get this family back to Chamblee.  We would invite them every week to come back to the Chamblee Branch, and they always would tell us, "one day."  But that day never would come!!  When i found out i was being transfered i thought of this family, and i was a little bumbed that they never made it back before i left Chamblee.  Yesterday we are at church at its about 10 minutes til church starts, and i look over and there walking in the doors was this family.  We ran over and Sister Bringhurst and I just couldnt hold in our tears of pure joy.  They said "you see, i told you we would come."  That was a tender was such a tender mercy from the Lord, that they just happened to "one day" show up on my last day in Chamblee.  The Lord is amazing, and i just testify that diligence, patience, and perseverance brings miracles.  


We went to the Temple with Hector and Alondra this week!  It was fantastic!  Wow we are so blessed to have a temple in our mission.  It is something so neat seeing the people you teach in white twice!!!  He had such a cool experience he told us it was like being in heaven and that he liked it so much he wanted to go to baptisms every saturday!  This gospel is amazing.  The changes it brings people is incredible.
​Something kind of funny that happened on Saturday is that we had the feeling we needed to share 1 Nephi 3:1-7 with this less active lady in our Branch who is going through a hard time, and then it just so happens that just a few hours later our own little spiritual thought is exactly what Hermana Stewart needed to learn after finding out i was being transferred.  The spirit works in such a way to teach us exactly what each of us need to hear and learn, not just our investigators.  That was a cool little lesson learned for me though that we need not be like Lamen and Lemual and murmer for what the Lord commands of us, but we strive to be like Nephi and go forward with faith and good attitudes in knowing that we can accomplish what ever the Lord asks of us.  I know that is true!
A cute little story i wanted to share.  This week we were over at a members house for a family home evening and the kids were not getting along.  One of the little girls was being a little bossy and telling the others what to do.  Then the little five year old said something so profound, "hey!  you're not the boss of us.  Jesus is the boss!"  For only being five, she has got it right, that we must always follow Jesus.  It was kind of the cutest thing ever!

Well my wonderful family, i bid you farewell until next week!  Life is wonderful.  It is what you make of it after all.  Something a member told us this week, "algo mejor viene para mi."  "something better is coming for me."  Wherever the Lord needs me, there will i be.  I know that the Lord knows better than Hermana Stewart, and im anxious and excited for what waits ahead.  "It may not be on the mountain height Or over the stormy sea, It may not be at the battle's front 
My Lord will have need of me. But if, by a still, small voice he calls To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine: I'll go where you want me to go.  I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, Over mountain or plain or sea;I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord; I'll be what you want me to be."
I love you all so very much!  I can't wait to skype in just 13 days!  You are always in my prayers!  Trust in the Lord, he will never lead us astray.  I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord
Love,
Hermana Stewart
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment