Monday, January 11, 2016

You Can Make The Pathway Bright

High Five from Chamblee, Georgia!!

Wow what a week!  Fermin got baptized!!!!  yay it was so beautiful!  I was thinking on Saturday morning while i was eating my cereal about the first time that I met Fermin.  It was July 27, 2015.  And he was a completely different person than he is now.  When i first met him, im not even going to lie, silly Hermana Stewart did not see much potential in him.  But what i have learned from this experience is that God can do anything he wants, and we don't decide who is prepared or not.  We first started teaching him on November 6, 2015.  And it all started with a little seed of faith that grew and grew and grew inside of him!!  It is just so wonderful to see people change because of this gospel.  Its my most favorite thing ever!  I love it!  The baptism was so wonderful!!  While he was in the font getting ready to be baptized i looked up and saw a perfectly bright glowing beam of light around him.  That was really cool.  So many people came and supported him and
​Hermana Bringhurst, Hermana Webb, Fermin, Manuel Mata(member that baptized him and we had all the lessons in their house) and Hermana Stewart.  Asuel and Amy (some of manuel's kids)
it was great!  His confirmation was really legit!!  Our branch mission leader just got the Melchizedek priesthood and he gave him the holy ghost.  It was his first confirmation and it was beautiful.  In the blessing he promised Him that he would be a leader in this church and that he was going to have a family and raise his kids in this gospel!!!  Wow so cool right!  I'm just so happy for him and his decision!  but more importantly is how happy our Heavenly Father is of him.  He bore is testimony after the baptism and that was so cool cuz hes such a shy lil guy!  He did so great!  Fermin will always have a special place in my heart because he is my brother and it has been a privileged to get to know.  I cant even imagine not having come on a mission and not having met Fermin, and our other recent converts Sally, Jessy, Ana, Edwin, Ayari!  Wow i love them all so much!!  

I hope that life is superb for all y'all!!  I wanted to share a scripture with you all.  Its one of my favorites and i read it this morning in my Personal Study.  It is found in 

Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby theymay dwell with God in a state of never ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."  I just love this scripture!  haha and the funny thing is i was just on lds.org so that i could copy and paste this scripture and the talk of the week on the Home page is "Be happy, keep the commandments" by our dear Prophet Thomas S. Monson.  I just want you all to know that I know because i have experienced the feeling of being truly happy and i know that it really does come from keeping the commandments.  When we do the right things we are happy.  It is as simple as that.  Obvously its not quite as easy done than said but its possible with our Savior.  

As i was sitting at my desk this morning thinking back on my week and thinking on what i wanted to share with yall, what i need to say and what yall need to hear and the song "you can make the pathway bright" came into my mind after i got done praying.  Sometimes life is hard and trials come and we just want to give up and be sad, but even among st all the hard things that come to us in life, You can make the pathway bright.  One of the greatest blessings we have as being members of this church is when worthy having the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit with us, a member of the Godhead, a comforter.  On my continued quest to recognize the spirit and the promptings that come in my daily life, i have gained a better appreciation for this wonderful gift.  This morning i recognized the comforter putting a beautiful song into my heart that immediately lifting my soul, and put a smile on my face.  I hope that this song can do the same with yall.  "

You can make the pathway bright, Fill the soul with heaven's light,  If there's sunshine in your heart; Turning darkness into day, As the shadows fly away, If there's sunshine in your heart today. You can speak the gentle word To the heart with anger stirred, If there's sunshine in your heart; Tho it seems a little thing,


It will heaven's blessings bring, If there's sunshine in your heart today.  You can do a kindly deed To your neighbor in his need, If there's sunshine in your heart;
And his burden you will share As you lift his load of care, If there's sunshine in your heart today.  You can live a happy life In this world of toil and strife, If there's sunshine in your heart; And your soul will glow with love From the perfect Light above, If there's sunshine in your heart today.  If there's sunshine in your heart,

You can send a shining ray That will turn the night to day; And your cares will all depart, If there's sunshine in your heart today."  The Pathway really is bright.  We have this gospel.  We have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.  I am thankful for all these wonderful things and people, and i am thankful to be a missionary.  I am thankful for my wonderful family.  I love you all so much!!  I hope you have a wonderful week!  Until next week.  Go spread a little sunshine to the people out there that most need it, and i promise you all that if you do this your pathway will turn from 60 watts to 120 watts!!   All my prayers and love always!
Love
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment