Monday, August 10, 2015

I'll Follow Him In Faith!

Sally and Jessy
Buenos dias mi familia!

What an incredible week!  So to start off, we are preparing for two baptisms on August 29!  Sally and Jessy are both 9 years old they are twins.  There mom is a member of 3 years, so we love to get them part member families all baptized!  we actually were'nt even expecting to get them on date.  We have only taught them one time before this week and it was like a month ago, and we havent been able to meet with them.  So we went to there house and the spirit just told us we needed to get them on date.  The girls both have been wanting to get baptized so we invited them and the mom agreed that this is what was right!!  We just needed to get them a ride to church and talk about serious complications!  This week i have been praying to Heavenly Father and asking him to help me have more faith and trust in him..talk about so many things that happened that really tested my faith.  I just like things to work out perfectly and in my way and in my time, but that does not ever happen ha! 

So finally on saturday night, at 9:58 we got off the phone with the mom of the two girls and she agreed to let this one family come pick them up but only if we would meet them there sunday morning to get the girls accuanted with them.  Me and my companion were litterally jumping up and down for joy in our appartment.  I then said "we should pray" (we pray alot, for help and for thanks!) so we got down on our knees and right before i started to pray, the phone rings.  We huried and got up and it was the zone leaders.  We answered and they asked how we were doing and we told them how awesome and excited we were because we have 2 girls finally on baptism date and things just barely worked out for getting them a ride to church and we were so happy!!  then one of the elders said, "well we are so sorry to be telling you this bad news right after hearing all that, but we just want you to know that you are gonna need to head to transfers this week."  My heart litterally sunk and i dint even know what to say!  We didnt know who was staying, who was going, or what was going to happen.  Talk about a trial of faith right after everything was starting to pick up.  We didnt let it stop us though.  Church was awesome with sally and jessy they loved it.  We showed them the baptismal font and they are really excited!  They are a little bummed though because they really wanted me to baptize them but i told them that i donts got the power haha.  But I told them i was gonna be right there watching them get baptized!  

So all the sister missionaries just love me and Hermana Gallardo.  They all just want to hang out with us on pdays.  So for today we got invited to do something from two different sisters.  We didnt know what to do!  We were walking into walmart and sister gallardo said "ah what should we do?!" and i said "lets pray about it."  she said "right now?"  then i said "ya why not!" so we prayed right in the middle of the parking lot walking into walmart.  psh such missionaries! ;) 

So this morning we got a call from the APs and they told us some really great news!!  They said that me and Gallardo are staying and going to be training together and picking up a new greenie on wednesday!!  halaluja!!!!!  We still have so much work to do here in Chamblee.  So so happy!  I love it here in Chamblee, this is my temporary home and family.  but i know that anywhere i go the people will become my family as well.  I want you all to know that what ever the Lord needs us to do, we can do it.  "and if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has comanded them." 1 nephi 17:3  "and i will be your light in the wilderness; and i will prepare the way before you, if it so be that you keep my commandments, wherfor, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led" 1 nefi 17:13  I hope you all have a blessed week, and always follow him in faith!
Love
Hermana Stewart


Face Masks
Soriano familia and elder taufa we made him a cake for his birthday.

Hermana Gallardo and I
us with the sandy springs and broket sisters!

Nayeli and Camilla at wafel house.

No comments:

Post a Comment