Monday, March 21, 2016

"Remember the Worth of Souls is Great in the Sight of God"

​Sister Bringhurst, Zoraida, Hector, and Me! and the other one is Alondra Hector and Zoraida! happy family! happy day!
Dear Family,
How are you all?  Wow i hope you all had a swell week cus i sure did!  It is getting real nice here in Georgia!  AHh i love being a missionary!!
Ok so highlights of this week are as follows

1. Hector was baptized!!  wow what an incredible experience that was!!  We started teaching him back in June!  Crazy how time flies!  It was a perfect day, and Hector looked amazing!  He truly has the light to him, and when he got up and bore his testimony he didnt have words to express what he was feeling.  He just kept saying over and over again how happy he was and how good he felt!  I am so priveledged to have been able to see this mighty change take place in Hector because of The Gospel of Jesus Christ!  The Lord is pretty amazing in bringing about his work here on the earth.  We are taught in the scriptures in 2 nephi 27:21 "i will show unto the children of men that i am able to do mine own work."  Truly i feel so blessed to have just watched as the Lord uses his spirit to bring his lost children back home.  I am so happy for Hector and for his family.  I love them so much, and i can truly feel the love the Lord has for them.  As Hector put it last night, it is full speed ahead, to continue being faithful and worthy and always active in the true church.

2.Well Zoraidas sister and her husband and 6 kids just moved in with them from Mexico, haha and only the mom and oldest girl are members but way less active.  So Zoraida has a new work for us to do and that is that she has entrusted us yet again with her family!  We are so thankful for this wonderful opportunity to work with this family!  Once again members are amazing, and i have learned that really the best way to do missionary work is with and through the members!!  They are a wonderful family, and after the baptism we invited them to hear the 5 lessons as a family and they agreed!  Wonderful!

3. Super cool!  a couple of months ago Zoraida asked us if we had the number to houstan Texas mission.  We happened to have it because we had to send misisonaries to finish the new convert lessons for Ana and her kids when they moved there.  So we gave it to her, and she sent missionaries to Hectors sisters house and nephew!  Well guess what!!!!  Hector's sister and nephew got baptized yesterday!!!  Hector was so excited to tell us.  He was like we are now three in this gospel!!  Super cool miracle!

4. We went on exchanges to twin oaks sisters area this week!  It was quite a hoot!  Dang i felt like i was truly in georgia there!  I finally got myself some southern food!!  We met some really great people!  and seriously props to the english misisonaries because the southern accents are sooo hard to understand!  It was so much fun! this lady sister mason fed us and we had, chicken, mac n cheese, rolls, brockley, coslaw!  It was super good!!

5. This less active family that we have been working with for my whole mission came to church on sunday for the first time in years!!!!!  
Being a missionary truly is so amazing and i love it so much!!  I am so thankful for the Lord for blessing me with this experience to help bring his lost souls unto him.  This morning i was reading my call letter, and i read it exactly how i read it when i first opened it with the paper covering and sentence by sentence.  Wow the memories sure did flood back.  Something really stood out to me it said that more joy is awaiting you then you have ever experienced before.  Oh how true that statement is.  I have never felt more joy that bringing souls back to our Savior.  Before my mission i thought that joy came from watching movies, playing games, or riding my dirt bike.  But i have experienced true joy on my mission that outdoes any of those things.  Today i was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 18 and i read some amazing verses that truely i know to be true.

"Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.  and if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! and now if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"  I love these scriptures because they are so true!  From the wise words that my oldest brother Tyler once told me "the fun you can have is by working your butt off and helping others come into Christ, because that is when fun becomes pure joy."  

I testify that this is the Lord's work.  He does what he wants, and when he wants in his own wisdom.  I love being able to asist and take part in feeling pure joy here on my mission.  Joy comes only through working your bum off, being obedient in every way possible, and being deserving of the spirit.  I know that God loves each and everyone of his children, and he wants them to come back to him and experience this joy for themselves.  How blessed i am!  
Oh i love you my wonderful family!  I love my this experience i am having.  I love watching people come unto Christ and experience this joy for themselves(as Ana said it best) "for the first time i forever."  What a wonderful reminder to us all to never forget our purpose here in life, Heavenly Father's plan for us, and that "the worth of souls is great in the Sight of God!"  Have a blessed week.
Love, 
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment